Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sophie Paris Koshize Nutrilips Mini Lipstick Swatch

It has been a weather-crazy week! It's usually rainy in the morning, then it turns sunny in noontime, and the next thing you know, it's raining again! No wonder a lot of people are suffering from cough and colds. Whenever I am sick, I try not to use a lot of makeup because I just want to feel clean and light, but if I must, I never use lipstick straight from the bullet to my lips to avoid contamination.

To cheer me up during the weekdays, my Mom got me this mini lipstick set. I was actually wanting to own the Satinlips (which are all matte), but sadly it was out of stock.

koshize mini lipstick set
Koshize Nutrilips Mini Lipstick
Price: Php 280 (US$6.38) Catalog Price, if you're a member you get a 30% discount
Bought from: Sophie Paris


Each lipstick contains 3.3grams and about 1.6 inches tall. It could be good for a couple of uses.


Now, as with all catalog (print or online) you cannot be sure that the shades that you see in the pictures are the actual shades. In one catalog, the picture shows a deep red color of a lipstick, but when I searched online for a swatch, lo and behold, it was actually a peachy nude shade. Now, if you trusted the catalog, your order would have been a total disaster. Either there has been an error on labeling the shade, or the printer messed up.

Click on the photo to enlarge

All shades swatched starting from KNL1 to KNL10 (Left to Right)

This set is good to have if you plan on ordering the regular sized ones, or if you just want to build up your makeup arsenal without spending too much. It takes a lot of time to finish a regular sized lipstick, so this is for you if you want to play around with colors.

I haven't got the chance to test all colors, but my initial assessment is that:
- Some colors are not as pigmented as I want them to be. You need to swipe it several times to get enough color.
- The most pigmented shade would be KNL3 (Heartbeat Red) and KNL8 (Passion Pink)
- This could be hard to find, since there's not a lot of Sophie Paris dealers and agents out there
- It does have a decent staying power though. I've tried to put on one last night, and when I woke up I immediately ate breakfast. When I saw myself in the mirror, there's still color left on my lips. 
- It is quite moisturizing. My lips doesn't feel dry even after several hours.
- It doesn't have a strong scent. I hate lipsticks that have scents (esp sweet ones).

I have only tried four colors, but only remembered to photograph two of them.

sophie lipstick
KNL8 Passion Pink
It's a brighter pink in person

heartbeat red
KNL3 Heartbeat Red
A cranberry type of red

I will update this as soon as I get the chance to try all of them.

Now, if only Sophie would offer a mini lipstick set of their famous Sophie Lipstick (Php 85), then that would be a blast! I hope all brands offer mini lipsticks!





4 comments:

  1. i love it... sana meron din koshize satin lips mini lipstick review.. ^_^ I'll wait for that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sana nga yun satinlips yung nakuha ko, but hopefully magkaroon din ako ng set na yun, rereview ko pag nakakuha ako :)

      Delete
  2. Hi sis, Im about to purchase that one kaso Im afraid baka super glossy nya? Is it really that glossy? The other one kasi is matte (box of 8) kaso I dont like the colors. :( Pls your feedback would help a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late reply. Hindi naman sya super glossy na parang lipgloss ang shine. More on satin lang ang effect nya. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...