Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in Buff Review


Oh, how I miss those days when I don't have the need for any foundation. My face has never been perfect. I am one of those people that I look flawless from afar, but when you get a closer look at me, you'll start to notice how big my pores are. I have an oily face all throughout my life, pimples here and there once in awhile, but they rarely make any scars. So there was actually no need for me to invest on foundations. I was pretty lazy when it comes to my makeup routine. I would only put on makeup whenever I feel like it (maybe once or twice a month). But I had a terrible breakout last year, one that sent me pretty crazy. I tried different products to alleviate my acne. I never went to the derma because I was pretty stubborn and set on that I could fix my acne on my own like what I have been doing for my entire life. This one was different. Although I did manage to control my cystic acne (thanks to Benzac), it did however left scars. Scars that I have never been able to experience before. Surely, I would get small acne scars before, but not like this one. They are pretty many and deep and dark. So there you go. For the first time in my life, I was looking for a concealer and a nice foundation to hide them. I also became more careful on what I put on my face. So I did a lot of research before using anything and there have been a lot of raves about this product from local and international bloggers.

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin
Shade: Buff (I think this is the lightest shade in the Philippines)
Price: PhP 825.00
Bought from: SM Department Store

Product Info from Revlon website:
Longwearing coverage with a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off. With Time Release Technology specifically formulated for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day.


I must say that this has a lot of product in its bottle. I am not using this on a daily basis, but I still have a lot of product left after owning this for close to a year by now.


What I don't like about this product is its packaging. It's just a bottle with a wide opening. If you're not careful you might end up spilling it. What I do is that I transfer it to my smaller CK foundation vial that has a spatula. It can carry an amount up to 4 uses of this foundation so it's good for travelling. 


The shade that matches me (according to the saleslady) is Buff which is the lightest color available in the country. I have an acidic face/skin, but this does not oxidize on me (or turns into a darker shade).

Fully blended on my arm


Pros:
- This is the most lightweight foundation that I've tried
- It can control oil up to 3hrs (for me)
- It's true that it doesn't rub off
-It doesn't have a strong scent

Cons:
- It has been said that this is for medium/heavy coverage but I find it on the light side. If I pile on this, I would end up looking like a ghost. I know some people are successful on building up a heavy coverage using this one (watch youtube videos), but it just won't work for me.
- It can blur my acne marks, but not enough to actually cover them
- Sometimes, it can look ashy on me


Is it worth buying?
Sadly for me, no. As much as I want to love this product, I cannot just give it a 100% approval. It could be that the shade does not match me. If I go one shade darker, it would be too dark for me already. The foundation that has an exact match to my skin tone would be my In2it foundation (which contained silicone, and probably caused more irritation on my skin because I used it during the time I had a breakout). If only that product wouldn't cause pimples, then that would definitely my HG foundation. 

Revlon's foundation however, never made my skin worse, so I am sticking to it now, until I find another good foundation that would be gentle for my skin. I tried the stippling method of application (using a brush), but I like using my fingers better. If you could find a shade of this foundation to match your skin tone perfectly, then please give it a try.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...