Monday, June 16, 2014

My First Online Shop Makeup Haul plus A Primer on Buying Online

I know I've been MIA for a while now, but let me make it up by starting with my haul from The Primp Pad. This is my first purchase from a local online makeup store. I usually find it hard to buy makeup online because you can't see the actual product, thus you can't swatch them. Let's face it, online makeup stores offer lower prices than malls. You just need to do research (by reading reviews from blogs), and see the actual product in malls before buying online. Paying for it thru bank deposits can also be a reason for people not to like buying online, but since my brother works near a bank then it's all good to me. Another thing to be worried about is the fact that some online shops sell fake makeup. Keep clear of those saying that it's Singapore makeup. That seems to be the new word for fake, also some use Dubai (I noticed this in perfumes). However, I do not know whether fake cosmetics and perfume are really made in the said countries, probably they're still made in china. Sellers used to say it's class A or AAA, now it's either Singapore or Dubai (no offense to the said countries). If they are selling MAC lipsticks for 60 pesos, then you know that the product you're buying is fake. Just try to find reviews about the shops and the products that they're selling, the more you read the more you'll feel safe and comfortable on buying from them. Remember, using fake cosmetics can ruin your face, so be very careful.

Now, let's proceed to my makeup haul:

I've got:
-ELF Blush and Contouring Powder in St. Lucia
-ELF Lip Exfoliator
-ELF Glitter Primer
-Wet N Wild Lipstick in Just Peachy

I have waited for some time for these items to arrive since it was "pre-buy" or pre-bought. Pre-buy means that you pay for the items even if it is still in transit, meaning the seller does not have the items on hand. No biggie for me though since I really wanted to buy the products that I purchased, and the lip exfoliator is not even available here in the Philippines. The Primp Pad did send out the items once they received their shipment. All of my items were complete, sealed and not broken. I am happy with my purchase (most specially the lip exfoliator, I used it the moment my brother handed me the package). I was just charged 60 pesos for the delivery (I had it delivered to my brother's office in Makati). I actually saved up a lot instead of buying these in malls. For example, the Wet N Wild lipstick costs 299.00 in malls, while The Primp Pad sells it for 148.00. That plus 60 pesos would only amount to 208 pesos. Still cheaper than the mall price. Now, to save up on shipping cost, you better be planning your purchases. Buy all the items that you are planning to buy at once instead of making separate purchases.

I will be making a separate review on all these products. Now, please excuse me while I try to keep myself from being amazed at how supple my lips are right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...