Wednesday, June 18, 2014

ELF Glitter Primer Review

I have an oily face, which comes with the fact that I have oily lids. Not only that, I have really oily AND hooded lids. The mortal enemies of any eye makeup has teamed up on me. If I put on any eyeshadow it would probably last me 2 hours tops, then my eyelids would go "What eyeshadow?". It would be more horrifying if I put on any dark eyeliner, it would definitely smudge on my upper lids and would go on its merry way onto my lower lash line. Makeup companies should invest on doing research on my face. It has a built-in makeup remover. I suggest they make oil-proof makeup instead of waterproof.

I honestly have not tried any primers in my life pretty much because I was lazy. Instead of looking for primers, I just opt not to use any dark eyeshadows or eyeliners. I can stand eye makeup slowly fading away, but not smudging. But when I was looking for things to order from The Primp Pad, I came across the ELF Glitter Primer. I did my homework and found out that this is actually a good eye primer and it's cheap so I gave it a go.

ELF Glitter Primer
Shade: Only one shade available
Price: PhP 118.00
Bought from: The Primp Pad

Product Info from ELF website:
Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting, and crease-proof glitter eyeshadow. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear, increases eye color longevity, and creates a lasting bond for stay-put glitter that holds. Infused with Shea Butter and Jojoba to nourish the delicate eye area. Great with loose or pressed glitter eyeshadows.

How to:
Apply a thin coat to the eyelid and blend in. Tap on glitter eyeshadow with a finger or a brush while primer is still damp on the eye to lock in glitter. 

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, PVP, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkil (Shea) Butter Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Ethylhexylglycerin MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)


A little goes a long way. This amount can be used for both of my eyelids. I know that this is meant for glitter makeup, but it works for pressed eyeshadows nonetheless.


I used my ELF eyeshadow palette. You can see that it looks more pigmented when used with the glitter primer.

Pros:
- It makes the eyeshadow brighter
- It does its job of making the eyeshadow stick to your eyelids
- It does not make my makeup crease over time
- It makes my makeup stay longer
- Does not have a strong scent
- Dries clear

Cons:
- I can't think of any right now!

Is it worth buying?
Yes, yes and yes! Although I am not sure if this is actually available in ELF stalls in malls, but you could always search for online sellers carrying this product.

I haven't tried this on a very humid day, but I have tested this indoors for a couple of hours (like 7hrs) and my eye makeup was still intact. There was no smudging, and there was no fading, and there was no creasing. This makes me a happy gal. I need to get myself some loose glitter eyeshadow to really test this primer. I will update once I have done so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...