Monday, August 4, 2014

Sophie Paris Sophie Lipstick in Summer Pink and Velvet Nude Review

A lovely (yet scary) rainy Monday night to all!

Sophie Paris Sophie Lipstick
Price: Php85.00 (only 59.50 if you're a member)
Bought from: Sophie Paris dealer
Shade: Summer Pink and Velvet Nude


These lipsticks have received a lot of great reviews locally, and I wanted to share what I think about the product.


Pros:
- Cheap! You could easily get more than one color for just a couple of pesos.
- Does not have any strong scent

Cons:
- Honestly, I wanted to find reasons to make me love this product, but I just can't.
- First, I do not understand why Velvet Nude is named Nude when it's nowhere near a nude color. It's more of an orangey tone when I wear it. 
- It looks patchy on me. I know I have dry lips, but this would accentuate it more, and on the parts that does not flake, it still looks patchy.
- Availability. Unlike Avon branches that could be easily found, Sophie has limited dealers. I wanted to try this for a long time,  but I couldn't find any dealer/agent until recently.

Summer Pink. This looks patchy in person. It is a cool tone pink.

This one is Velvet Nude. It is nowhere near nude I tell you.

For those who would like to try this though, Sophie has offered the mini lipstick set this month! I wish I knew they were coming up with this before I bought one. One set includes four colors, with just the price of one regular sized lipstick!
I am actually confused with their shade codes with the mini lipstick. It does not match those in the regular sized ones. 

Head on over to Sophie's website to browse their online catalog.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...