Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Visit to a Korean Grocery: Wang Mart Makati

We went to the vet again today to do a follow-up on Pooch's ehrlichiosis (her platelet count is now normal).
I was planning on going to Wang Mart the first time we went to the vet, but I was too worried about my dog that we just decided to go straight home. Now that she's back on her feet (or paws!), my brother and I trekked to Polaris St. to see what could be found inside this Korean grocery.

Korean Grocery Makati Manila
Located along Polaris St. in front of Alba's


They have different kinds of towels or scrubbing products, but the most famous one is the Italy Towel. The dark pink one is a long Italy towel (soft scrubbing power) priced at 180 pesos.


This has been the reason why I've been looking for a Korean store. It's the green glove-type Italy towel (normal scrubbing power) at 50 pesos each. I'm really excited to try this out this weekend.


They have fresh vegetables available and I think that's Kimchi on the left, though I didn't bother looking at them.

Different Korean marinades

Sesame oil in a cute tin packaging priced at 305 pesos.

There's canned white peach and sardines.

Korean luncheon meat

Dried squid

This merman looks cute and funny, ha ha.

 Soy milk and cow's milk

Energy drinks (look at the bottle with a ginseng inside)

There's the banana milk.

Bottled fruit juices

Korean noodles

Korean chips / junk food

korean ice cream
Ice cream sandwiches

melona
Ice cream and popsicles!

The only thing I didn't like about this place is that most of their products don't have price tags. You can ask the cashier, but that would be a hassle if you would want to know every single item's amount.


We ended up buying only a few things, because most of the items we didn't understand what it was (no English translations). Also, we bought the Samanco ice cream sandwich (fish-shaped) because I thought it was delish due to blog reviews, but boy was I wrong. It's supposed to be mung bean and vanilla flavor, but it was like eating SUGAR! It was so sweet, like overly sweet I regretted buying it after a few bites. I should have bought the sweet corn instead or the other Melona flavors. Ugh. Anyway, charge it to experience. It costs 38 pesos each.

So for reference (bec they don't have price tags when you're in the store):
Chilsung Cider - 45.00
Banana Milk -32-34.00
Onion Rings (the big green bag) - 56-60.00
Red bag of chips (honey and sunflower seeds flavored accdg to the pictures) - 46.00
Incense (not in the picture) - 70.00
Italy towel - 50 each
Caramel Macchiato (sachet) - 10.00

I cannot remember the exact prices for the chips and drinks mostly because I lost the receipt when we got home, but I know that's close to the real amount. 

So for those who are going here and thinking of trying their ice cream and hates eating stuff that are too sweet, I suggest you skip the fish-shaped ice cream. I also noticed that Koreans have smaller sized drinks than us. Their soda cans are half the size, and look at their energy drinks and juice bottles and milk cartons! Everything's smaller! Haha

All in all, it was a nice experience going to a store selling imported goods wherein most products you have to rely on their pictures to understand what they are.

Till next time!


















1 comment:

  1. Do they have..dinner ware?
    Stainless chopsticks
    And thier long spoon??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...