Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saizen/Daiso Flat Eyebrow Pencil in Brown

I had been looking for the Etude House Drawing Eye Pencil for a long time now. It has great reviews, probably the reason why it's always out of stock. Then I saw this flat eyebrow pencil from Saizen and decided to give it a try.


Saizen Flat Eyebrow Pencil
Shade: Brown
Price: PhP 88.00 (US$2.01)
Bought from: Saizen Trinoma (inside TrueValue)


This, I think, has the same triangular shape like that of Etude House, but judging from the EH pictures I found online, EH is more triangular and thicker.



Pros:
- It is dual-ended, the spoolie is really useful for making the brows look softer.
- The hardness is just right for me, it's not too creamy making it easier to control.
- It doesn't look waxy.
- It's long lasting. It lasts me the whole day without much fading.
- It's affordable and easier to find unlike Etude House.
- Retractable! No more need to sharpen.
- It gives natural looking brows.

Cons:
- Limited shades available. They only have black and brown.
- No testers available. The last time I went to Saizen they had testers, but when I came back, there's none.
- You have to find the one that says "Flat Eyebrow", some pencils are not flat and it's hard to find which one is or is not because, again, there are no testers available.

By the way, Saizen had a price increase. From 85 pesos, everything is now for 88 pesos like Japan Home.

And now for the before and after pics:

Before:

After:

I usually use this pencil to make an outline of my eyebrow, then use eyebrow powder. This could also be used alone as well making it perfect for those days when you just don't have enough time to spare for your whole makeup routine.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...